Tuesday, September 15, 2020

Kashmir - Behind The Vale by M J Akbar

 After my last read this was something I wanted to read.

This is a real good account of Kashmir from its history to what it is today. It covers a lot of topics and a larger portion is dedicated to the narrative around what caused its current state.

I'll not go into details but I can see that it has almost the similar causes that has catastrophic results historically irrespective of the event/country/civilisation. These are ego, greed, apathy, indolence and doubt.

I wonder how it would have been if any one of these factors were avoided. A ego won, greed removed, apathy understood, indolence acted upon, and doubts cast aside. Well that would have lead to a completely different book and what an amazing book it would have been to read.

But we can't turn back time and undo things and should look forward to the future.

Peace!

No comments: