Tuesday, September 29, 2020

Such a Long Journey by Rohinton Mistry

I picked this up from the library while my casual browsing. The reason I remembered it because of the controversy when it was pulled out of a college syllabus.

Of course curiosity got the better of me even when I was not interested in reading it for the propaganda.

Well this was a quick one (don't let 300 odd pages deter you). It has all that a normal Indian life has to offer. drama, emotion, comedy, tragedy and a lot of hope (even some black magic remedies if you're interested). And of course a lot of Parsi life and rituals in Mumbai. This also was a really thought out novel when a lot of sub plots ended up joining in the larger narration.

I could have avoided a lot of metaphors but then I'm on the other side of writing. 

But if you miss this one you're not going to miss much :) 

Love

No comments: