Monday, May 18, 2020

Of Mice and Men by John Steinbeck

This one is a novella or short novel but I'll like to call it a long story. I don't remember where I got the reference for this one but this was on shelf for quite some time.

This was real quick, and I was wondering why I didn't pick it up earlier.

This is one of those stories that go a long way with you after it is over. I read it fast, and honestly I can still see the two main characters George and Lennie in my head.

It's a story of constant struggle in life, loneliness, dreams (seen, broken, and killed). We all have a dream of owning that life of contentment and peace, but like Crooks said this world is full of such dreamers but no one ever finds such a place.

We'll be fortunate if we get a chance to live our dreams even for a brief time but the worst thing that can happen is the death of those dreams. And unfortunately death of those dreams is something that we all can relate to.

Peace


No comments: