Saturday, April 4, 2020

When We Were Vikings by Andrew David MacDonald

After so much heavy lifting recently I just wanted to tone down the things so I picked this one up.

I didn't read the reviews but was interested in the name "Viking". Of course I was not expecting Norse mythology but this did meet my expectations.

The story is a 21 year old girl Zelda (Zee) who was born on Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Spectrum (this is a new word I learned).

Since, she has this cognitive issues she is supposed to be having problems in growing up, and living independently without any support.

The whole plot revolves around how a believer of Viking heroes ended up rising to heroism in her own sense.

It's a feel good read, and if you're feeling low or think that life is not treating you well, this will give you some reason to cheer up!

Love!

No comments: