Friday, November 13, 2020

The Sea by John Banville

 I do accept that I picked this one when I saw the Pulitzer prize winner. I didn't know the writer earlier but after reading this I might pick some of his works.

About the book, this is a memory of a kid who is now an old man. The narration revolves mainly around three major parts of his life which are one childhood summer, marriage, and the current situation.

The whole plot is full of deaths of so many people that it becomes a bit depressing by the end. You do feel like connected with the characters, and their disappearance is not something which you can digest easily.

I'm not saying that this is not for faint hearts but it can make you feel low for a couple of days specially if you're sensitive about death.

Worth the read, and a quick one too.

Love

No comments: