Friday, November 13, 2020

Gun Island by Amitav Ghosh

 Of course you're an amazing story teller. His stories are full of life, and grit of the characters.

However, Deen doesn't seem like the strongest of his characters with all his dual mindedness, and habit of giving up so easy. But what a character he is. And I think he looks like more realistic, and hopelessly romantic.

One thing for sure is that this is full of dramatics, by which I mean that this has so many twists and turns and of course so many co-incidents. It was on a borderline of dream sequence in lot of subplots but as always, all the things fall in place.

One thing which I couldn't connect with, unlike his other works, was the pace of the story. It did increase the pace a lot like a thriller which looks like more of a style of Dan Brown. Maybe it was for me since I was habituated to a particular pace of your other books.

Anyways, must read, and yes a lot of Italian.

Love

No comments: