Monday, October 21, 2013

Zealot: The Life and Times of Jesus of Nazareth by Reza Aslan


This is the second book by Reza Aslan that I've read.

I was never very fond of books related to religion but his books are more than the religious books. These books are myth breakers.

This book tells the story of who the Jesus was and the Jesus which we hear about these days in the sermons is the same person who actually started it all.

The book gives a lot of examples from the scripts and letters of the era around which the Christianity evolved and I must say that it is a very well thought and explored narrative on the topic.

I really don't want to get into the debate around the credibility of the whole narrative but I'll really love to see that people agree to disagree and respect the freedom of thoughts.

The books raises very basic questions and justify the whole narrative in a very rational manner.

Must read whether you like religious books or not.

-Peace.

No comments: