Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Karna's Wife by Kavita Kane

When I started this book I had this premonition that this book is not going to surprise me and after finishing this book I feel I was quite right.

The whole narrative doesn't have much to offer other then what we already know about Karna. In fact, all the stories are told so many times that there was no surprise element.

Sadly, the Uruvi retelling the story didn't make much difference, and I must say that the author was a bit weak in presenting the narrative. The whole text was quite repetitive.

Karna was a Greek-god type tragic hero. But we can't change our karma. What is said or done is over and there is no way that we can take it back. Karna was destined to die in battlefield, and that was the end of it.

I think I'm too much on this mythological dose from last few books. Will try to pick a different theme this time.

No comments: